Grateful

This is a good body.  

It's not even close to perfect.

It has many flaws and many areas I do not like to look at. 

It has bladder issues.

It has hamstrings so tight that touching my shins is as far as I can stretch sometimes.  

But nevertheless, it is a good body.

These are the thoughts I was thinking today as I did my workout here in my hotel in Spain.  This body can work hard.   This body can do all the things I am asking it to do.  This body is growing stronger- I can feel it.  

I am grateful.

I have a dear friend who would love to be able to exercise, but absolutely cannot due to back issues.  She is very limited in what her body can handle, and that is a  tough thing to accept.  We all have limitations, but hers are extreme and cause her a lot of physical pain and mental anguish.  

I can get very down on this body.
Critical.
Judgemental.
Wanting it to change quicker than it is able to right now.  

But what this body needs is my gratitude.  

This body helped me to walk all over the city of Rota, Spain yesterday, and will help me walk all over Tokyo next week.  

This is a good body.  
I do not mean a "hot"or "sexy" body, although I'm glad I have someone who thinks that it is both of those things.  
But it is a good body.

It serves me well.
I need to care for it.
Respect it.
Help it to be as good as it can be.  

This is a good body to live in.

And I am grateful.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crash

It's the Little Things