The Window

I feel like I'm at a point in my life where I am faced with two options:
1.  Keep doing what I am doing (nothing), and eating what I want to eat (everything), and accept that within 5-10 years my body is going to pretty quickly deteriorate into that of a middle aged woman in poor health.

OR

2.  I can make some changes in diet and exercise and reap the benefits of being in a completely different body than I would be otherwise.  

I feel like the window is open for me to make those changes now, but only now.  Only for this short window will I even have the OPTION of creating and living in a healthy body.  Within the next 5 years my body will continue aging, and in the 50's our bodies aren't known for getting better, only worse.  

So, as Michael Jackson sang, "Make that change..."  



Today I joined the YWCA!  My trainer LK modeled some exercises for me while we were in Vegas last weekend.  She would show me what she wanted me to do, and I would try a few myself... and my quads are so sore that sitting down is a nightmare.  Never mind sitting on the toilet... OMG.  Dying.  

So- that just shows my baseline of fitness- 0.0.  I have no muscle.  None at all.  

Starting from ground zero TODAY.

I did 2/3 circuits of the moves she asked me to do.  But after feeling like that was enough for Day 1, I later wished I had gone ahead and completed all 3.  But never mind.

It has begun!  I'm taking advantage of my window and doing what is best for my future!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful

crash

It's the Little Things