Venting + Pep Talk


I know it's *just* been 3 weeks... but I am a bit frustrated.  I've lost 4 lbs.  And I know that is considered completely normal.   Average weight loss is 1-1.5 lbs per week.  But I lost that ALL in the first week, and NOTHING since.  That's really annoying me.

I've been eating right.

I've been working out 3-4x per week.  

I've been pushing myself really hard.

So when I weighed in this morning I wanted all that hard work to have paid off.

AAAAAAANNNDDDD... nothing.  Same as last week.  Same as the week before that...

That really bummed me out.  I want to see the fruits of my labor!  
I WANT THAT NUMBER ON THE SCALE TO GO DOWN!!!

Am I doing something wrong???  My PFCs (Protein, Fats, Carbs) have been okay.  I'm not eating any bread or sugar and hardly any dairy.  Is my thyroid off???  Am I going to do all this work and see no success?!?!???



Okay.  Self Pep Talk time.

I feel stronger.  
I can tell my muscle tone is improving which *might* account for some of the non-weight loss.
My clothes feel a teensy bit better.  
I can push harder in the workouts, which means my cardiovascular health is improving.
This is about so much more than just weight loss.
It's about living a full and long life in a healthy body.
It's absolutely inevitable that I *will* lose weight.  It's science.  
Healthy Food + Exercise = A Healthier, More Tone Body
I've only been at this for three weeks.  
I still have 3 weeks until I turn 49.  
I must just keep plugging away.  
It took me a lot longer than 3 weeks to gain this weight; it will take me a while to lose it.  
I ABSOLUTELY CAN DO THIS.  
THE ONLY WAY I CAN FAIL IS IF I GIVE UP.
AS LONG AS I KEEP WORKING, I *WILL* LOSE WEIGHT AND I *WILL* GROW STRONGER.  




Okay.  

Onward.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful

crash

It's the Little Things